Artist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Digital art, editing, the likes
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted these a few years ago because I was bored and they weren't all too bad. If you're reading this I hope you can give me a bit of feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.
Art paint Paint Rectangle Painting Creative arts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Better pictures would help a lot here. It's kind of fuzzy, or perhaps some different lighting?

I'd like to give feedback but I feel this picture isn't doing the paintings justice
OH, woops my bad, I'll update this post with two separate pictures, I'm doing this all off a laptop so I'm sorry for the fuzziness

· Registered
12 Posts
first one: I like the colors and it is very abstract, whether that was the intention or not....is this based on a tangible subject or is this pure expression? the forms on display here are pretty subjective...

second one: the colors are good here but maybe a little less exciting than the first (to me anyway) . Maybe it's because I like abstraction more.

I don't know much about abstract painting to be honest so I just go by what "looks good" to me....it's in no way academic so don't take my input too seriously.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first one: I like the colors and it is very abstract, whether that was the intention or not....is this based on a tangible subject or is this pure expression? the forms on display here are pretty subjective...

second one: the colors are good here but maybe a little less exciting than the first (to me anyway) . Maybe it's because I like abstraction more.

I don't know much about abstract painting to be honest so I just go by what "looks good" to me....it's in no way academic so don't take my input too seriously.
I'd like to say that yes, it's an expression, mostly through a sense of... doing it for fun and obsession. I obsess over the numbers 13 and 37, and a certain pattern of eyes. I don't necessarily know why, it could just be my autistic brain at work, and no I don't mean I'm dumb, I am autistic, but beyond that, I do think that I do more abstract art because I can do it easily. And either way, I do appreciate any comment, even ones of hate because it gives me a different perspective and makes it a little less boring. So thank you, and have a good day or night.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first painting, is a flower in 3 different styles, with different points of it. There are actually two flowers, one red, one blue, but the one that's blue is in a world of corruption, of melting ink, and I really didn't add it in when I first started the painting, but I came to adjust it with that.

· Registered
Watercolor and colored pencil
161 Posts
Really nice! My suggestion is to work a little more slowly, they look a little rushed and don't forget that reference photos are pretty useful. The sky on the second painting has some pretty colors.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really nice! My suggestion is to work a little more slowly, they look a little rushed and don't forget that reference photos are pretty useful. The sky on the second painting has some pretty colors.
Thank you! I will try to take that into account next time I paint. I normally don't completely paint and just do digital art but I'll remember this advice if I go into a visual arts class next semester

1 - 9 of 9 Posts