Artist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Abstract acrylic and oil painting
59 Posts
A very nice piece of artwork. Can you tell us a bit more about it. Did you use coloured pencils? All the colours look very deep and rich.

The background is quite powerful with deep black. The flame and candle stand out well. I’m guessing you used some sort of yellow ochre and red for the candle. You have used three of my favourite colours: black, white and yellow ochre (or gold). I usually use them in almost all my abstract paintings.

May I suggest taking another photo without the white frame. I think it would add a lot more depth and make the flame stand out more. Let’s us see to compare between the two.

·
Registered
Watercolor and colored pencil
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A very nice piece of artwork. Can you tell us a bit more about it. Did you use coloured pencils? All the colours look very deep and rich.

The background is quite powerful with deep black. The flame and candle stand out well. I’m guessing you used some sort of yellow ochre and red for the candle. You have used three of my favourite colours: black, white and yellow ochre (or gold). I usually use them in almost all my abstract paintings.

May I suggest taking another photo without the white frame. I think it would add a lot more depth and make the flame stand out more. Let’s us see to compare between the two.
I just used a basic 12 set of prismacolors. I currently don't have the drawing, it was for an art class I got to join recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts