How do you do this kind of art? [Archive] - Artist Forum

: How do you do this kind of art?

11-13-2016, 07:17 AM
I've seen this video of an art performance by Alex Dowis and I was amazed. I decided to look up for informations, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know anything about this artist? How does he do that? :surprise:

This is the artist's website, but it doesn't say anything about the technique:

11-13-2016, 08:14 AM
it looks like uv blacklight painting but not permanent. maybe its pigments dissolve after a few seconds.

etc. pretty sure uv blacklight keywords will point you to what you are looking after.

11-13-2016, 08:56 AM
research says

"Light art painting light source - lamp - for luminescent surface that has the ability to re-radiate the received light, even if only for a certain time. This creates drawings, pictures or texts which gradually disappear. Overlapping other images created through the merging actually animated story."

11-13-2016, 10:16 AM
yeah that makes more sense than dissolving pigments ^^ so the spraycans arent spraycans but flashlights.

11-18-2016, 08:24 AM
Wow! Thank you guys! I'd really like to try it. :Z too bad I don't know where I can get the materials.