What art style is this called? - Artist Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of Old 01-18-2019, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
What art style is this called?

Hello! I made this piece back in high school when I was inspired by Van Gogh’s “A Pair of Leather Clogs”. I had decided I would use all colors except neutral colors like black and white so that it’s very vibrant. I feel like there’s a name for this kind of style and I would like to know what the name is, if known 😅

For example, there’s monochromatic which is variations of one color, but I’m not sure what this style would be called. Or perhaps the color style derived from an artist that has already been doing this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04276DB5-89CB-4525-924D-1C8CE6804CD7_1547796495867.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	478.2 KB
ID:	56457  

orpheusbreeze is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of Old 01-18-2019, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
dickhutchings's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: RI
Posts: 1,496
I like your painting.

Poly-chromatic? According to my google search this kind of covers it.

Wowza! I love it, but then, I'm a sucker for a snow scene.

dickhutchings is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Artist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome